Details for our Fair Contests and Competitions can be found below including The Early Bird Draw, Pet Show, Baby Show, Yard Display Contest, BAS Life Member Scholarship, Demolition Derby, Fair Book Cover Contest and the Kid’s Stick Horse Competition.
Early Bird Draw<!–- AssistExpo -–>
The names of all exhibitors who have submitted their completed entry forms by Monday, August 14th, 2023 will be placed in a draw to be held during the Fair weekend.
Rules of the Draw:
1. To be eligible for this draw, your completed entry form must be received by the Secretary by Monday, August 14th, 2023.
2. The names of exhibitors whose entry forms are received by this date will be entered in the Early Bird Draw.
3. An exhibitors name will be entered only once for this draw, regardless of the number of entries on the form itself.
4. Prize winning names will be drawn by the BAS President in the Administration Office during the Fair weekend.
5. When the names are drawn the entry forms will be checked to confirm that the form was in fact completed and submitted prior to the deadline date (It is understood that some additions and/or deletions are made after the submission of the entry form. The requirement to be eligible for a prize is that no more than 20% can be changed).
6. Prizes will be in the form of a cheque and winners will be notified by phone or email shortly after the fair.
Early Bird Draw Prizes: 1st: $35, 2nd: $30, 3rd: $25, 4th: $20, 5th: $15, 6th: $10, 7th: $10, 8th: $10
Baby Show<!–- AssistExpo -–>
Sunday, September 17th, 2023
12 pm in Memorial Hall
Sponsored by The Binbrook Agricultural Society
Chairperson: Maren Nimec (905) 692-1588
Registration: Registration the day of the show at Memorial Hall from 11 am - 11:45 am.
Girls and Boys 0-3 months
Most hair and least hair
Girls and Boys 4-6 months
Longest fingers and longest toes
Girls and Boys 7-9 months
Chubbiest cheeks and curliest hair
Girls and Boys 10-12 months
Best dancer and best smile
Chip Off the old Block
For all ages registered in sections 1-4 and multiples.
**Babies will be judged with a parent based on being most alike in dress and appearance.
Multiples 0-12 Months
**Most alike in dress, appearance and cohesiveness.
In the case of identical vs fraternal multiples we may have more than one winner.
Most Creative Halloween Costume - All Babies 0-12mo
Girls, boys and multiples.
BAS Scholarship Award<!–- AssistExpo -–>
This scholarship has been established by the Life Members of the Binbrook Agricultural Society to recognize individuals who exemplify exceptional volunteer and community citizenship. Each year one $500 scholarship will be awarded to the student based on the following standards:
1. A letter from the applicant (350 words) explaining why they should receive the scholarship.
2. A letter of reference from someone outside of the BAS.
3. Completed application form.
4. Enrolling in a Canadian Post-Secondary institute.
5. Enrolling in an accredited full time program leading to a degree, certificate, or diploma.
6. Active volunteer with the Binbrook Agricultural Society.
7. Active in other extracurricular & community activities.
- Applicants may be requested for an interview as part of the selection process.
- This scholarship may only be awarded once per student.
- Recipients must provide proof of enrolment in a Canadian Post-Secondary institute in order to claim their award.
- Recipient will be determined by the Scholarship committee.
- Scholarship to be awarded at the Annual Appreciation & Awards Night in November.
- Applications available at the Fair office or on the website: www.binbrookfair.org
- Application Deadline is Friday September 8th, 2023.
Demolition Derby<!–- AssistExpo -–>
Friday, September 15th and Saturday, September 16th at 7:30pm
Chairperson: Drew Spoelstra 905-379-5751
For Information call Fair Office 905-692-4003
For registration and details please contact I am Demolition for registration information
Fair Book Cover Contest<!–- AssistExpo -–>
Congratulations to Rebecca Hollett of Binbrook for winning the 2023 Cover Contest.
Help design the cover for the NEXT Binbrook Fair; win a prize, and be proudly represented in your community!
Prizes: 1 $50, 2 $25, 3 $10, all other entries will receive $5.
1. The 2024 Binbrook Fair theme is, "From Olden Days to Modern Ways". Please contact the office for further details.
2. Entries must be submitted on 17” high x 11” wide size paper. Please be aware of size specification.
3. Entries may be in colour or black and white.
4. Text titles are optional, and will be overlaid afterwards if not included. If you choose to include text titles the following must be on the submission: Dates – September 13th, 14th, 15th, 2024 along with the 171st Binbrook Fair and the theme of, "From Olden Days to Modern Ways”. For examples of past covers visit www.binbrookfair.org and click on cover contest.
5. Any format or type is acceptable but it must be artwork or your own creation.
6. Creating a matching watermark for the back cover is optional.
7. All submissions will become the property of the BAS, for use only in promoting the 2024 Fair.
8. The deadline for entries is 2pm on October 20th, 2024. Please drop off submissions to the Fair Office during business hours.
9. Winner will be announced at the Annual Volunteer Appreciation & Awards Dinner in November.
….a few previous covers are below…. many more are in the office if you have questions…