These pages are about to be updated by the end of April, with a live-interactive version of our Fair Book, which will include all details we traditionally post in here, or in the book.
In the mean time, please, feel free to browse the PDF that has now gone to print for the 2018 fair!
Online entries will be taken here, shortly!
Details for our Fair Contests and Competitions can be found below including The Early Bird Draw, Pet Show, Baby Show, Yard Display Contest, BAS Life Member Scholarship, Demolition Derby, Fair Book Cover Contest and the Kid’s Stick Horse Competition.
Early Bird Draw
The names of all exhibitors who have submitted their completed entry forms by Monday, August 20th, 2018 will be placed in a draw to be held during the Fair weekend.
Rules of the Draw:
1. To be eligible for this draw, your completed entry form must be received by the Secretary by Monday, August 20th, 2018.
2. The names of exhibitors whose entry forms are received by this date will be entered in the Early Bird Draw.
3. An exhibitors name will be entered only once for this draw, regardless of the number of entries on the form itself.
4. Prize winning names will be drawn by the BAS President in the Administration Office during the Fair weekend.
5. When the names are drawn the entry forms will be checked to confirm that the form was in fact completed and submitted prior to the deadline date (It is understood that some additions and/or deletions are made to entries after submission of the entry form. The requirement to be eligible for a prize is that no more than 20% can be changed).
6. Prizes are: 1st – $35, 2nd – $30, 3rd – $25, 4th – $20, 5th – $15, 6th – $10, 7th – $10, 8th – $10
7. Prizes will be in the form of a cheque and winners will be notified by phone or email shortly after the fair.
Saturday, September 15th, 2018
Show commences at 1 pm between buildings 5 & 6.
Chairperson: Susan Murphy 905-692-3215
1. Open to all children aged 13 years and under (child and pet must be accompanied by an adult)
2. Pets must be caged or leashed. (Supplied by owner)
3. Owner must have full control of pet and be responsible for clean-up after pet.
4. Binbrook Agricultural Society not responsible for loss or injury to either pet or owner.
5. Pets must be healthy.
6. Pets are restricted from livestock areas at all times.
7. The judges’ decision will be final.
Prizes: First prize in each class will receive $5.00 and a ribbon. All exhibitors will receive a souvenir ribbon.
1. Cat with longest whiskers
2. Dog with longest ears
3. Largest cat
4. Most colourful cat
5. Most colourful dog
6. Largest dog
|7. Dog with longest tail
8. Cutest puppy under 6 months
9. Dog that can sit the longest
10. Best dressed pet
11. Best trick by pet
12. Dog that barks on command
13. Dog with shortest tail
Sunday, September 16th, 2018
12 pm in Memorial Hall
Sponsors: BAS & Christine Crooks, Re/Max Escarpment Realty, Inc. Brokerage.
Chairperson: Maren Nimec (905) 692-1588
Registration the day of the show at Memorial Hall from 11 am – 11:45 am
1. Girls and Boys 0-3 months (most hair and least hair)
2. Girls and Boys 4-6 months (longest fingers and longest toes)
3. Girls and Boys 7-9 months (chubbiest cheeks and curliest hair)
4. Girls and Boys 10-12 months (best dancer and best smile)
5. CHIP OFF THE OLD BLOCK for all ages registered in sections 1-4 and multiples. **Babies will be judged with a parent based on being most alike in dress and appearance.
6. MULTIPLES (Twins and Triplets) 0-12 months. ** Most alike in dress, appearance and cohesiveness. In the case of identical vs. fraternal twins/triplets we may have more than 1 winner.
7. HALLOWEEN COSTUME – Girls, Boys and Multiples 0-12 months. ** Most creative Halloween Costume
Winners in each category will receive a Champion Ribbon.
Yard Display Contest
Help us advertise the Binbrook Fair by constructing a display on your property. Open to anyone, including private residences, schools, organizations and businesses, but only one entry per property, please. No Entry Fee is required.
1. Display (using any materials – e.g. bales of straw/hay, vehicle, machinery, etc) to represent something that you would see at the fair.
2. Display must face a public road but must be at least 10 feet back, for road allowance.
3. Display must advertise the Fair and include a sign that states: “Binbrook Fair Sept. 14th – 16th, 2018”
4. Display must be in place by Friday August 31st, 2018 and remain until Sept. 17th, 2018.
5. Display may be set up on another person’s property if written permission of the owner accompanies the application.
6. Judging will take place on site.
7. A photo will be taken, and put on display at the Fair.
8. Entries must be in by Monday, August 20th, 2018.
9. TO ENTER: Send a note including: Your name, phone number, mailing address and detailed directions to your location. Please submit this information by mail, fax, or email, to the fair office listed on the inside cover.
1. Overall appearance 20%
2. Originality 30%
3. Visibility of Dates 30%
4. Suitability to Category 20%
Prizes: $50 per category to be awarded at the Annual Volunteer Appreciation & Awards Dinner on Saturday November 10th, 2018.
One winner in each of these categories:
1. Most Humorous
2. Most Creative
3. Most Original
4. Most Representative of Binbrook Fair Theme – “Sow It, Grow It, Show It”
BAS Life Member Scholarship Established 2009
This scholarship has been established by the Life Members of the Binbrook Agricultural Society to recognize individuals who exemplify exceptional volunteer and community citizenship. Each year one $500 scholarship will be awarded to the student based on the following standards:
1. A letter from the applicant (350 words) explaining why they should receive the scholarship.
2. A letter of reference from someone outside of the BAS.
3. Completed application form.
4. Enrolling in a Canadian Post-Secondary institute.
5. Enrolling in an accredited full time program leading to a degree, certificate, or diploma.
6. Active volunteer with the Binbrook Agricultural Society.
7. Active in other extracurricular & community activities.
- Applicants may be requested for an interview as part of the selection process.
- This scholarship may only be awarded once per student.
- Recipients must provide proof of enrolment in a Canadian Post-Secondary institute in order to claim their award.
- Recipient will be determined by the Scholarship committee.
- Scholarship to be awarded at the Annual Appreciation & Awards Night On Saturday November 10th, 2018.
- Applications available at the Fair office or on the website: www.binbrookagriculturalsociety.org.
- Application Deadline is Friday September 7th, 2018.
Friday, September 14th at 8pm
Saturday, September 15th at 7:30pm
Chairperson: Drew Spoelstra 905-379-5751
For Information call Fair Office 905-692-4003
Register online with Thrillshow Productions at www.thrillshowproductions.on.ca
Friday – Full Size Straight Stock, Figure 8 Race Heats, Minivans
Saturday – Full Size Pro-Modified, Ladies Full Size Straight Stock, Midsize Straight Stock
Also Saturday watch the Children’s Power Wheels Derby prior to the Demolition Derby.
Enter Power Wheels Derby by contacting Matt McCarrell 905-978-2176 or Southern Ontario PowerWheels Derby group facebook page.
Sponsored by Vic’s Fire Protection Services.
Congratulations to Diane Switzer of Binbrook for winning the 2018 Cover Contest.
Help design the cover for the NEXT Binbrook Fair; win a prize, and be proudly represented in your community!
Prizes: 1st – $50, 2nd – $25, 3rd – $10, all other entries will receive $5.
1. The 2019 Binbrook Fair theme is,“TGIF = Thank Goodness It’s Fair Time”.
2. Entries must be submitted on 17” high x 11” wide size paper. Please be aware of size specification.
3. Entries may be in colour or black and white
4. Text titles are optional, and will be overlaid afterwards if not included. If you choose to include text titles the following must be on the submission: Dates – September 13th, 14th, 15th, 2019 along with the 165th Binbrook Fair and the theme of, “TGIF = Thank Goodness It’s Fair Time” For examples of past covers visit www.binbrookfair.org and click on cover contest.
5. Any format or type is acceptable but it must be artwork or your own creation.
6. Creating a matching watermark for the back cover is optional.
7. All submissions will become the property of the BAS, for use only in promoting the 2019 Fair.
8. The deadline for entries is 2pm on Tuesday, October 23rd, 2018. Please drop off submissions to the Fair Office during business hours.
9. Winner will be announced at the Annual Volunteer Appreciation & Awards Dinner on Sat. Nov. 10th, 2018.
….a few previous covers are below…. many more are in the office if you have questions…
….a few previous covers are below…. many more are in the office if you have questions…
Kids Stick Horse Competition 2018
Want to Show a Horse at the Binbrook Fair?
Join us Sunday September 16th at 12pm and show your very own Stick Horse prior to the Horse Show!
Every child gets a ribbon and a prize!
Special prize for best groomed (decorated) horse
For children 10 years of age & under
You can use your own stick horse or stop by the fair office to pick up a kit to make one.
Please send your child’s name by September 2nd to email@example.com to register.
Limit of 50 Entries
See you at the Fair!